My little girl and I love brussel sprouts, and this is our favorite way to prepare them!
- Brussel Sprouts, washed and quartered
- Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt
- Heat your pan on medium. Add your coconut oil (I never measure, but probably about a tablespoon)
- When the oil is melted, add your washed and quartered brussel sprouts and sea salt.
- Stir regularly until brussel sprouts begin to soften and caramelize. Caramelizing will bring out a sweeter flavor in the brussels.
- If they are browning but not softening, the heat may be too high. Sometimes I add a bit of water to the pan and cover it so the brussels will steam and soften a bit without getting too 'done' on the outside.
These are quick and delicious! Enjoy!
This post is linked to Kelly the Kitchen Kop’s Real Food Wednesday