This is a really tasty recipe we’ve been making these past few months. I was trying to think of a way to sneak more eggs into my little guy since he won’t eat them on his own! I merged a few recipes together to come up with this recipe… it’s a crowd pleaser in our fam. :) If you don’t like shrimp, you can use something else or leave the meat out all together.
- Olive oil
- 8-12 ounces cooked shrimp (peeled & deveined), thawed if frozen
- 1 bunch of scallions (about 8), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled ginger
- 1 cup dry rice OR 3 cups cooked cold rice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots (about 2 cups), thawed
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions if starting with dry rice.
- Thaw shrimp and frozen veggies.
- Chop scallions, garlic, and ginger.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet. Add scallion whites, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and heat through.
- Add rice and stir to coat.
- Push rice mixture to side of the skillet and add eggs to the other side and cook, stirring and working into rice mixture, 1-2 minutes.
- Add veggies and soy sauce. Heat through and serve.