These Joes are so awesome!! A super yummy spin on the normal sloppy joe. They are so easy and your whole family will love them. My son asks for them every night for dinner when I make something he does not feel like eating. He says, “I will just have Taco Joes.” So yes we have made them at least once a week for the last few weeks and love them.
So the background on this recipe is too fun not share. I ran across this recipe and adapted it from the Mix and Match Mama’s blog. Her name is Shay and she has a few blogs and they are all so fun to read. They cover topics like food, fashion, travel and marriage. One other important note, Shay is also the big sister to Sean Lowe, the Bachelor from Season 17 for anyone that did not get hooked like I did. My SIL (who I won’t name but she is one of the ‘Girls’…Haha!!) got me into the Bachelorette when it was Emily Maynard’s season and we just loved Sean. So needless to say, I now am watching my first ever season of Dancing with the Stars and Sean has made it now to week 8! So tune in Monday night to watch and VOTE for Sean & Peta!!
Ok. Let me get focused and back to the Taco Joes. We love to eat ours with homemade guacamole since my son cannot have cheese and they are so good even without cheese. A really quick and easy meal that the whole family will just love. These will be perfect for dinner on those busy summer days!
- 1 lb. of organic grassfed beef
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 can organic ranchero beans (aka chili beans)-drained
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ¼+ cup of water (based on desired consistency)
- Burger Buns
- Shredded cheese or guacamole
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Brown ground beef
- Stir in diced tomatoes, bean, chiles and taco seasoning
- Add water
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes
- Take your buns, half them (3-4 total buns) and lay out on a baking sheet
- Spoon your Joe mixture on each half
- If topping with cheese, go ahead and top before you bake them
- If topping with guacamole, wait until they come out of the oven
- Remove & add any additional desired toppings, green onions/guacamole