I love crock pot meals! Here is a great one adapted from Mom to Mom magazine. It requires a little prep work but it doesn’t take too long. And if you want, you can do the prep work the night before.
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil (I use olive oil)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 cup white wine (I use Frey Organic)
- 28 ounce can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- Noodles/pasta to serve over
- Saute onion in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add wine, tomatoes, and thyme and crush the tomatoes while mixing. Bring the mixture to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Place chicken in the crock pot and cover with tomato and wine mixture. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. Serve over pasta.